FEMALE RETAIL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (CHEMICAL / CONSTRUCTION IND), MIDDELBURG,
- Ad Placed : 22 Oct 2019 02:29:01
- Remuneration : R 15000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg / Boksburg
- Company : RAKGALAKANE RECRUITMENT
Other General Employment
FEMALE RETAIL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (CHEMICAL / CONSTRUCTION IND), MIDDELBURG, R15 000 BASIC + FULL COMPANY CAR, PROFIDENT FUND. 50/50 MEDICAL, LAPTOP AND CELLPHONE ( SLEEP OUT 4 X PM) EXTENSIVE TRAVELLING
- Matric, a formal qualification in Marketing / Sales will be advantageous.
- Previous selling experience in the retail industry.
- Computer Literate (MS Office).
- Excellent verbal and written English and Afrikaans communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Sound administrative and organisational skills.
- Previous negotiation skills required.
- Prioritizing and time management
- Valid driver’s licence
We are looking for a Retail Sales Representative to cover the Mpumalanga territory from Nelspruit, Whiteriver, Witbank, Secunda and surrounds.
The person should preferably be based in Middelburg and be able to work independently from a home office. Witbank is also acceptable for a home base as it is relatively central too.
There is a preference for a young female graduate who is looking for an organisation where she will be able to establish a career and work herself to a more senior level over a period of time.
The client base is mostly hardware stores and Massmart Stores such as Game, Builders Warehouse, etc.
Serving an established customer base and growing the territory is also a requirement. Some “sleep out” nights are required but limited to no more than 4 a month.
The territory is quite large so travel is extensive but proper route planning allows for the Rep to travel a round trip by leaving early in the morning and returning in the afternoon.
The Company car is a VW Polo TSI and we also provide an e-tag, a laptop, 3G, cell phone and tools to connect to the Boksburg office.
The Rep will also be required to travel to Boksburg for monthly sales meetings.
- Establish CLIENT as an efficient, professional sales company
- Calling on all important customers rated in your territory as outlined in your customer base
- Present, promote and sell products to existing and prospective clients
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling on potential customers
- Complete credit applications diligently and correctly for new customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule - Achieving monthly, quarterly and annual forecast sales/margins
- Endeavouring to establish a positive personal relationship with customers staff, based on mutual respect and good business ethics
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Understanding the market in which we are operating - each stores target market and LSM Grouping
- Ensuring the customers and the regions achieve the monthly, quarterly, annual forecast sales/margins and KPA’s as per the KPA measurement system
- Plan effective store visits to ensure time spend with each retailer is constructive
- Providing staff with product knowledge and sales techniques so that the sales staff can present factual product information to customers with the objective of obtaining a commitment to purchase CLIENT products when presented with the relevant opportunity
- Setting up a call cycle based on the A,B,C principle – adhering to the call cycle with assistance from Repsly
- Effectively setting up a schedule to call on large region accounts. Providing necessary sales information and product basket analysis to the above – quarterly
- Utilize the Numerical Distribution to increase the depth and width of product basket. Increase number of stores buying from CLIENT within each Key Account group and independents
- Focus on and identify in store opportunities - Ensuring CLIENT is dominantly represented in store in respect shelf space, gondola ends and floor displays
- Continuously ensure correct merchandising of stock on the shelfs – stock must be clean, visible and have price labels
- Keeping up to date sales information by maintaining YTD sales files by month, by customer as to make information readily available. Product basket analysis by market segment – current product vs. typical product basket to ascertain any sales opportunities
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interest, competitive activities, and potential new products and services.
- Prepare monthly sales presentations and participate in monthly sales meetings
- Set clear objectives to measure success – increase product basket, increase fill-rate, more shelf space, create pull-through
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Fully comply and operate Repsly – mobile customer relationship management application
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (CRM_Plan to Visit a Store_Doc) with every store visit
- Monitor and report back on opposition activities as well as market trends
- Frequent stock takes in stores to monitor trends and changes
- Expedite the resolutions of customers problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
Participate in Store events - store openings, store birthdays, carnivals, contractors evenings
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.