Millwright - Red Seal
- Ad Placed : 26 Jan 2020 03:03:58
- Remuneration : R 250 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Alberton
- Company : Swift Careers
Other General Employment
- Minimum requirements: Matric (Grade 12) + Millwright Trade Test with Fitting Knowledge
- Wireman license an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ plant maintenance experience in a machine shop environment
- Health & Safety knowledge
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and complex electrical drawings essential
- Good working knowledge of single phase and 3 phase electrical equipment, motor controls, and general electrical installations & PLC fault-finding skills.
- Ability to build and repair electrical and pneumatic circuits
- Working knowledge of crane, compressors, machine lathes and milling.
- Ability to perform various types of Welding.
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to work overtime whenever required
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Performing routine, planned and breakdown maintenance on machines
- Identifying and responding to/reporting potential problems and safety hazards
- Ensuring scheduled maintenance plan is adhered to and timeously completed
- Timeous response to electrical/mechanical breakdowns, quick diagnosis of problems, and quick execution of solutions in order to reduce downtime
- Maintaining critical spares for the various machines.
- Ensuring all maintenance work and repairs are in line with the company’s standards.
- Carrying out administrative work associated with plant maintenance, i.e. opening and closing work-orders, updating daily logs, etc.
- Maintain all production machines in 4 plants.
- Training apprentices
- Ensuring housekeeping and safe working standards are adhered to always by the maintenance team
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.