- Ad Placed : 13 Dec 2019 03:02:24
- Remuneration : R 55000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg / Alberton
- Company : Swift Careers
Other General Employment
Planning, organizing, and manage the daily process activities within the area of responsibility and department. Ensure that all machines are maintained and the maintenance plan is adhering to. Control and utilization of machine, manpower, and material to achieve the required production units as per the daily, weekly, monthly plan and set targets. To be “hands-on” in responsibility to optimize systems and processes through continuously investigating improvements and liaison with Production Foreman and to further ensure that implementation of corrective measures is introduced.
The successful candidate must be able to proof change made in production - delivery on time, service and quality improvements in both project and flow production through improved processes, organisation, planning, lean implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Matric plus relevant Production Management / Mechanical Engineering qualification (National Diploma / Degree)
- 10 Years’ experience in a senior managerial role, ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Red Seal: Turning – Advantageous.
- Technical knowledge: Assembly plant processes, Machine Shop, welding and spray painting.
- Experience in Personnel management
- Lean Manufacturing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint
- Proven track record of leadership in a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of SABS Quality procedures
- Measurements and precision knowledge
- Must be able to read and understand technical Drawings.
- Relevant Health and Safety Course (advantageous)
- Production Output:
- Accountable for the overall profitability of the site and support the profitability of the business
- Coordinate and monitor the work as per the production plan in the department to ensure 100% on time and in full delivery
- Ensure that 100% capacity utilized (all resources).
- Plant Maintenance: Support the maintenance of equipment and machinery to ensure machine reliability and schedule
- Ensure productivity levels of sections are maintained or improved
- Manage the quality and quantity of employee productivity
- Report overall OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) as per required target dates
- Human Resources:
- Staff management, the establishment of organizational structures and training requirements
- Identify training needs and liaise with the Manufacturing Director and HR Department
- Manage all time cards and attendance
- Continuous Improvement:
- Ensure that all Process Controls utilized in the department are relevant and correctly managed and controlled to add value to the products made and ensure the quality of the product.
- Monitor performance and implement improvement projects to reduce costs
- Health and Safety
- Responsibility (16.2 appointment)
- Effective housekeeping standards
- Operate factory with emphasis on safety and accident prevention
- Budget Management: Develop annual budgets, report on variances and coordinate production planning in line with
- Facility Maintenance: Ensure that all machine/equipment upgrades / reconditioning is conducted, installed and
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance to procedures and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and manuals.
- Assess all quality matters and take charge of all preparations for the SABS Audits and related quality audits
- Production Meetings: internally and externally
- Managing Team consisting of Production Foreman, Supervisors
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.