Cost and Production Planner
- Ad Placed : 07 Oct 2019 09:19:14
- Remuneration : R 25000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg / Alberton
- Company : Swift Careers
Other General Employment
The production plan is an essential part of the factory operations and plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the business goals and objectives are met. The products need to be produced in a cost-effective way that meets quality and customer expectations.
You will be responsible for organizing and managing the day-to-day activities surrounding customer orders to ensure customer deadlines are met and maximum operational efficiency is achieved. This role is responsible for coordinating production operations, ensuring on time delivery of products, monitoring customer orders, communicating orders to the production floor to ensure on-time delivery of customer products
This role also requires that you assist with the costing of manufactured products in the Manufacturing Department and to ensure accurate cost basis to determine to give the sales company accurate selling prices.
- Matric with Relevant Production / Supply Chain qualification
- Min 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Production Management would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of the production environment
- Strong knowledge of ERP and MRP
- Strong Experience using Microsoft Office - Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & MS Projects
- Schedule the production process and production departments by material, employee and equipment availability.
- Implements and manages systems and procedures to improve the efficiency of activity and support cost down improvements.
- Develop short-term and long-term production forecasts including backlogs, unplanned work, and rework orders
- Providing management with clear, timely and accurate information in which to make decisions
- Create and maintain production schedules and provide the required feedback
- Use workers and resources in the most effective manner
- Provide quick responses to production issues
- Identify problems and help improve processes to ensure that deadlines are met
- Use software to generate reports and schedules.
- Maintain master data and MRP system, Attention to detail is an absolute must!
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the Quality and Supply Chain teams.
- Identify and resolve any inventory issues caused by deviations
- Serve as a liaison between the production department and sales department
- Review prior day reports ensuring orders were successfully delivered
- Prepare product costing
- Tracks and maintains standard cost compared to actual cost.
- Ensures the accuracy of plant product cost criteria (i.e. material, labour, factory overhead, etc).
- Maintains annual standard calculations for material, labour, and overhead
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.