Control Room Technician
- Ad Placed : 17 Jan 2018 07:01:07 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : Engineering
- Region : Northern Cape
- Company : Transman (Pty) Ltd
Control Room Technician (Northern Cape) Manganese Mine based in the Northern Cape is seeking the skills and experience of a Control Room Technician who will be responsible for operating the processing plant through SCADA in ensuring smooth and continuous supply of product according to end user specification. This includes the primary crusher and all secondary conveyors and other plant activities.
Performing planning, co-ordinating, organising, control and reporting functions focused at production outputs and maintenance requirements.
- Appropriate technical qualification(s) to support the role requirements (Advantageous)
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience of processing plants
- Worked in a plant environment for at least 5 years
- Supervisor experience will be beneficial
- Three years’ control room experience using SCADA
- Demonstrable business success in a production and/or processing plant environment
- Ability to write and update production and processing reports
- Maintenance and technical experience and knowledge will be a distinct advantage
- An organised, self-starter
- Team player
- Meticulous in work execution
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Assertive and decisive
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work well within a team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results orientation
- Remotely operates the processing plant from the central control room using SCADA.
- Produce product against customer specification and requirements as set out in the production schedule.
- Manage stockpiles.
- Perform detailed reporting.
- Facilitate operational and emergency issues in the plant.
- Initiate maintenance activities in making call-outs and creating job cards for maintenance and breakdown work.
- Facilitates communication and flow of information between all stakeholders, i.e. Mining; Plant; Logistics and Load out, Lab, Maintenance & Management.
- Responsible for physically operating the plant from time-to-time.
Should you meet the minimum requirements, please send your CV to Gerhardv@transman.co.za with subject: Control Room Tech
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.