Senior System Engineer
- Ad Placed : 22 Mar 2018 15:30:09 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : IT/Computer
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : The Effectiveness Company
Our client is looking for a Senior System Engineer. This person will be accountable for managing, maintaining, supporting and upgrading our ISP and client servers and network infrastructure. Role based in Durban, Umhlanga
Senior System Engineer
Umhlanga – Durban
Market Related Salary
- Advanced networking – routing, switching, firewalling and general IP networking experience
- Advanced DNS administration
- VMware, Hyper-V, ESXi and related
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting a corporate/ISP infrastructure environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN)
- VPN and WAN setup/support
- In-depth understanding of BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN
- Maintenance of our ISP network and hosting environment, including mail, DNS, firewall, web and all virtual server environments.
- Effective involvement in projects and the rollout of solutions to clients.
- Support and maintenance of custom in-house applications.
- Managing the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Be accountable for effecting remote and onsite IT support to all internal and external stakeholders in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken
- Provide technical support in terms of hardware, software, systems and administration
- Ensure expected service levels and response times are adhered to
- Follow the company processes to effectively escalate matters with effective resolutions
- Maintain constant communication with end users, engineers, partners and third-party service providers on all matters that require technical support
- Provide after-hours support on rotation with the team
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Build and document network management and telemetry road maps for infrastructure and services
- Integrate network management platforms into the Microsoft cloud for new and existing technologies
- Experience in workload deployments to public clouds: Amazon, Azure, etc.
- Architecture and design of fault tolerant systems
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.